- 4 out of 5 adults will experience low back pain sometime during their lifetime.
- Problems related to the low back are the most frequent cause of lost workdays in individuals over 45 years of age.
- Back pain ranks second to headaches as the most frequent location for pain.
- Greater than 65 million Americans experience back pain every year.
- Back injuries are one of the most common causes for disability.
- The Lumbar spine is the most frequently injured area of the spine
- Research shows that sciatica has an 8-9% greater recover rate when treated with chiropractic adjustments than with standard medical care alone.
- One of the most common causes of sciatic leg pain is the Vertebral Subluxation Complex.
- Sciatica, like other health problems, can be traced directly to the spine
- Some headaches are related to an underlying problem
- Loss of normal spinal curves is a common cause of many types of headaches
- Adjustments can help correct restrictions in the cervical spine that may be causing headaches
- Various forms of headaches are one of the most common causes for disability
- Some estimates suggest 25% of the population has a headache right now!
CHILDREN AND PREGNANCY
- While learning to walk, chiropractic care can improve balance as well as correct spinal malfunction produced by falling.
- Contact sports or repeated activities can interfere with proper growth during the developmental years.
- Regular spinal checkups are particularly beneficial in the early stages of establishing the spinal curve and developing head support.
- Many spinal problems seen in adults begin in childhood.
- Chiropractic care can benefit the developing baby and help reduce the complications of labor.
We do things differently in our office. First and foremost, we take time with our patients. On the initial visit one gets a complete neurological examination and X-rays are ordered if needed. We perform our adjustments in a very gentle way. The technique we use is called Activator Methods. It is one of the most highly researched and technically developed ways of adjusting available to chiropractors. This method uses an Activator instrument to make the very specific adjustment without any cracking or twisting of your spine and body.
SAFE FOR ALL
This gentle technique is extremely important when considering a spinal adjustment during acute pain, muscle spasms, age of the patient and with certain medical conditions contraindicated with “cracking”.
That means you can be adjusted right after an injury, auto accident, if you are 2 or 88 years old or if you have osteoporosis. It is very safe for all patients! There is no reason to be afraid of chiropractic. Once a patient experiences the gentleness of Activator adjustments, they rarely choose to ever be adjusted in any other manner.
Many problems and conditions benefit from chiropractic care: headaches, neck and back pain, carpal tunnel, whiplash and sciatica, just to name a few. Children and adolescents should have a spinal examination regularly and be adjusted, especially when involved in any type of athletics. Undetected bony malformations or misalignments of the spine may develop into scoliosis. Some problems encountered during the teen years may have begun during childhood. Working adults can benefit with chiropractic care to reduce or alleviate conditions that are stress related. Seniors, aging does not mean that you must accept aches and pains. Many typical problems can be greatly helped with chiropractic care.
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
We have three Doctors of Chiropractic here in our office with more than 60 years of combined experience. That is a lot of knowledge to rely on! In conjunction with adjusting using the Activator, we utilize many forms of physical therapy modalities such as muscle stimulation, ultrasound, massage therapy, rehabilitation exercise, cold laser, and nutrition to give the patient a comprehensive care plan to get them well as quickly as possible.
We are conveniently located at 1400 Hand Avenue in Ormond Beach. Our extensive office hours accommodate most busy schedules and most insurance plans are accepted. We would be happy to find out your insurance benefits for you. Just give us a call at (386) 673-0400 to see if chiropractic care is right for you!